Sunday, February 5, 2012

Waste Management Open

So.....babies and golf tournaments do NOT mix.  We went to the Waste Management Open in Scottsdale and it was quite the experience.


My brother and Ryan have been before and it was a first for me.  The guys talked it up BIG TIME.  Said it was quite the party and with all the stories they told us that's what I was expecting.  HOWEVER, little miss Rylee had a different plan in mind (little fun sucker).  Jeffrey and I got there on Thursday and walked around allllllll day watching golfers and such.  We had tickets to the all you can eat and drink tent and sadly those days are over for me, I have new responsibilities now-a-days. Rylee did pretty good all morning and in the afternoon she had had enough and started to get pretty fussy.  While we were watching none other than Mr. Phil Mickelson, Rylee was having a little hissy fit and screaming at the top of her lungs!!!!  Fortunately, Uncle Jeff took her out into the desert and I didn't get in trouble for my little noise maker.  


On Friday Rylee and I stayed at the condo until about 1 o'clock and then we met up with my dad and Jeffrey.  It seemed like the number of people in attendance had doubled and it was a little difficult to get the stroller around and again being in the sun took it's tole on little miss.  I know that that much sun and fresh air takes it out of me too!  Saturday there was a record breaking crowd and knowing this, we didn't even attempt to take the stroller we just used the carrier.   


As much as we loved having little miss there it was super frustrating for both Ryan and myself.  It was hard for both of us to enjoy ourselves so I just went back to the condo so Ryan could actually enjoy watching some golf and have a little fun which was okay with me :)

Totally "illegal" to take pictures at a golf tournament teehee

I didn't even go to the tournament on Sunday--after all that walking for three days I was beat and, as sad as it sounds, super sore!  Rylee wasn't having any more of it either so we just came home and took naps.  Next year I would be totally content going only one day to watch golf and we have also decided that tournaments are not the thing for Rylee so she can stay with grandma next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment