Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wiggle Worm

For a girl who doesn't go anywhere, little miss sure does wiggle a lot!  Lately (like I said earlier) she has been turning onto her side a lot.  So....it's funny to go into her room in the morning to see what position she is in.  Here are a few pics that show how active she is in her sleep.  We always put her down in the same position and make sure she is tucked in but somehow she always gets out!





Such a silly baby!

Lately I have been trying to decide when we are going to let her start falling asleep on her own.  Our current bedtime routine includes bath time, getting dressed/lotion, etc, drink a bottle and rock to sleep.  I know that we need to break this cycle soon so we are not rocking her to sleep every night for the next two years (I say that out of love).  I was reading at the pediatrician's office that habits you get in now are the ones that will stick.  So last night when daddy was at his softball game I switched things up a little bit.  I fed her, gave her a bath and then got her calmed down and put her down to fall asleep on her own....SUCCESS!  It worked like a charm, she didn't even cry (after she got her jammies on).  So we will have to try it again tonight and hopefully we can get this habit kicked :)  Nap time is kind of a different story.  I have been trying to put her down at about the same time every day.  So I try to get her fed around noon and then I will take her up and lay her down and basically let her "cry it out".  It's so hard!!!  I will let her cry about 5-10 minutes and if she is still crying/screaming I will try giving her her binkie and leave her.  If she is STILL crying after another 5 minutes or so I will go in and give her her bottle and by then she falls asleep.  It's been a little difficult but I think it will help us in the long run.  Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. She is SO dang cute, Jackie! And good luck with sleeping, I have zero advice on that front but it sounds like you're onto something, so I hope it's still working!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, we rocked Anna to sleep when she was little and she is almost 3 and had no trouble going to sleep on her own later on. I tell you this now, enjoy these things will you can! They are only little once and if you want to rock her do it! Don't stop cause someone tells you to! You will know. I loved rocking Anna to sleep it was my favorite part of the day! Now it is tucking her in and reading her a book! Just saying! The docs can say what they want, but you are her parent do what you feel is right!

    ReplyDelete