Thursday, June 14, 2012

Books

As of late Rylee loves books, especially interactive ones.  We have several books that you can feel "fur" or different textures and even play peek-a-boo.  Our morning routine now includes me going in to find a sitting-up-and-ready-to-go-baby...

Then we change her diaper and get dressed and almost immediately she goes right to her book shelf and starts taking all the books within reach off and throws them on the floor.


Then we will read a few books together and then I will let her read some to herself.  She is starting to get really good at turning the pages and she likes to hold the book with her feet.  Gotta love it!





She has already ruined a couple books so I only let her handle the big cardboard books without real pages and most of the time she freaks out when I take a "regular" book away from her.  She gets over it pretty quickly though.  I love that she is starting to enjoy books.  We never watch TV during the day but we do however jam out to Radio Disney a lot :)  We have started reading a couple books at bed time in hopes that we will soon break the need a bottle to fall asleep habit that we have formed (ugh!)  I'm not too worried about it though and have decided that she is only a baby once and we (I) and going to enjoy it while we (I) can.

No comments:

Post a Comment