Wednesday, February 13, 2013

San Diego

We spent this last weekend in San Diego.  We LOVE this town and each time we go we say we could live there.  It was Rylee's first real road trip (5+ hours) and she did GREAT!  February isn't the ideal time to visit the beach we soon realized, as it was FREEZING!  I did pack swim suits, however there was no getting them out.  Once we were actually at the beach and when the sun came out it wasn't too horrible.  Rylee loved every minute of being at the beach.  She loved playing in the sand and even ventured out towards the water.  She would get close to the edge but when the water came up she would run away and say "oh no"


Seals at La Jolla
This is way better than the sand box at home

Playing with Uncle Travis
I don't think this girl can get much cuter...


My cousin Michelle lives about an hour north of San Diego so she met up with us at La Jolla and had lunch with us and played on the beach with us for a little while.  Rylee loved playing in the water with her and chasing each other.


On Sunday we went to Sea World.  When we first started talking about meeting Travis in SD I told Ryan I wanted to go to Sea World since we went to the zoo last time and we can go to the zoo here whenever we want...for free.  Lets face it, animals are animals and Rylee could care less.  However, I refused to pay $78/ticket!!!  So I did some research online and couldn't really find a deal to satisfy our my bargain finding self, until I went on Craigslist!  I found tickets for $35 and it ended up being a really great way to go and next time we go I will use this site again.  The people running it were super friendly, not looking to scam anyone and just wanted us to have a good time.  It's good to know there are still good and honest people in this world.  Sea World is awesome!  When the whale show started Rylee wasn't too sure about it and was a little scared.  However after she saw people clapping and cheering she was okay with it and clapped and had a great time.
 

"Doll Pin"


"Burr" The ice wall at the polar bear exhibit

This is the pond that Rylee set her brand new penguin free in haha

Right away Rylee knew this was a "bear"

Walrus

By the time we got back to the hotel at the end of the day Rylee was beat!  She had such a great day.

Even though it was freezing and Rylee was starving/tired/mad/cold we got to see the sun set...beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, the pictures of Rylee with her little jeans rolled up are killing me - sooo cute! I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend trip!

    ReplyDelete