Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

Not that I am trying to brag or rub it in, but I am LOVING the 80 degree weather we have been having the past few days. It literally feels like mid-June in Boise and I am not mad about that! I am going to enjoy "spring" before hell comes to town. Not gonna lie but I do not miss the snow at all right now! haha

So I had two days off in a row this week and I decided to do a little yard work and plant some flowers. I love planting flowers and do it EVERY year, you know in May or June. It's something that I really enjoy doing, it is kind of relaxing and lately I have definitely needed some relaxation at home. I may have gotten a little carried away, but I don't care. If Ryan can golf every weekend I can buy flowers is the conclusion that I came to. I spent the whole day shopping, planting, digging, pulling, watering and loved every minute of it. I even got a little sunburn!

Here are my pretty pots, full of color! I tried to buy mostly heat and drought tolerant plants so I have a little while to enjoy them while sitting on my patio. The only thing missing is a Bud Light Lime! But more on that later...










Our (stolen) Prickly Pear Cactus is growing baby pears! Awe!



1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Jackie, I need you to come and do all of that at my house! I'm embarrassed to even refer to the dirt patch in my front yard as a 'garden' :).

    ReplyDelete